With so many demands in our lives causing us to rush around and stick to a tight schedule, everyone can fall into a rut when it comes to “family time”. We work all day and drive the kids to activities with barely enough energy left to put dinner on the table. The weekends can seem like just time to catch up on chores and errands while still driving the kids from here to there with practices and sleepovers. It’s a fun life you love, but it can seem like a stressful pattern.
What if a few ideas could get you some more relaxing time with your family this spring? Check out this list from GLM Heating and Air Conditioning. From our family to yours, we know it takes effort to spend quality time with the family. Here are some ways to make it easier:
- Zone out some “family time” on the calendar. Give time together the level of priority you place on scheduling practices, sleepovers, and appointments by adding a weekly time to the calendar. The activity could be trying a new restaurant together or having a game party around the table. It doesn’t have to be a big deal event like a vacation or big outing to be family time. Try to pick activities that facilitate conversation. Not everyone has to be doing the same exact thing, but you need to be together in a common area without the distractions of cell phones.
- Show your love to each other in small ways. Whether it’s writing a little note for each of the kids to discover in their lunchboxes or giving your spouse a compliment, everyone loves to hear why we appreciate them.
- Share transparency and involvement with the kids. Be open with the kids about a few of the chores you do to maintain the home. Chose a couple tasks that are age appropriate and that could use an extra hand. Ask them to help problem solve and work together to conquer these tasks with you. By involving the kids in what you do with them instead of for them, they’ll have a chance to gain appreciation and feel close in getting a job done.
- Keep your family cozy by calling for seasonal air conditioning maintenance in Tarzana, CA. Everyone will be happier and more comfortable with the cool air running reliably all spring and summer long. If you or someone in your family suffers from allergies, this will also help improve the air quality at home. Remember to also change your air filters monthly to keep dust out of air circulation.
- Pair up with one of your children to create a scavenger hunt for the rest of the family. Just teaching your child how to make a set of clues tied to locations will be a fun way to connect. If they are artistic, add some colorful elements to the clue cards together to make it really special.
We hope you and your family enjoyed these tips. What other activities help bring you together? When you need air conditioning maintenance in Tarzana, CA, call GLM Heating and Air Conditioning at 818-641-3939.